Beautiful Bride & Groom Vows

When we at the Wedding Guru’s read these vows we were more than a little moved and so we wanted to share them with you. While not all of us have the gift of being able to write and explain ourselves so beautifully and poetically, what we can take from others who have absolutely put their hearts out there and created some beautiful vows, is that it gives the rest of us who struggle to explain our feelings a place to start.

I want to tell you a little about the couple who wrote these vows so that you can see the words from the perspective that they were written.

The bride, (known as Natalia) is a very accomplished professional who, while establishing her career has travelled the world and raised 3 children, a daughter and then twins on her own. When she met the groom (known as Graham) he himself had been through some of his own difficult times and was the father to four children two of whom were in their late teems and the other two just toddlers. Together they fell in love with not just each other, but all the things that they each brought to the relationship and they worked long and hard to make sure that on their wedding day, they each were able to express that love and gratitude in their vows: We hope you enjoy them as we did, they are a little long but far too good to cut down!

The Wedding Guru’s
xxxx



Groom’s vows

Natalia. Shall I compare you to a summer's day? No.
You are far more lovely and more constant
December breeze undressing jacarandas
And summer’s warm breadth? Too narrow.
Occasionally the sun flares too hot
Or retreats before floating mists
Every waxing beauty sometimes will wane
By chance or helped by Nature’s guiding hand
But your long endless summer shall never cool
Never be without your beauty within
Nor will heartbeats end deny your gift to me
When eighty winters besiege your brow,
Furrow your beauty,
I shall marvel in you
Still delight in your bounty.
I enter our union
Expectant of loving fully and heartily
Without fear of giving quarter
Sharing the marriage with those we love and care for.
A beacon to our children
Of commitment and committing
Perfectly balanced loving
Without pedestals.
Just eye to eye, cheek to jowl, back to back.
Forever.
Half a lifetime too great an expanse to have traversed
To alight at your doorstep
So now cast aside your clocks.
Set your compass true.
Aboard for the ride of our life.
And so it is.
Just like you said it would be.”




 Bride’s Vows

Graham, you are my home, my one safe place. I fell in love with you for so many reasons, the way your eyes smile when you are happy or cheeky, your commitment to your children and those you love, your eternal optimism, your intelligence, strength and your outlook on life.

Graham, you, more than anyone, know my vulnerabilities, insecurities, frailties, and failings, yet you never take advantage, and love me all the more. You inspire, challenge, support  and nurture me. You believe in me when my own belief wavers and I am beset with self doubt. You find in me qualities that I did not trust or believe were there. Your love is unconditional, without reservation, constant, yet demanding, forthright and bold . Your love for my children and commitment to their growth and development as good, honourable, ethical, courageous and confident young people could be no greater if they were your own

What can I say to you that I haven’t already said, and what can I give you that I haven’t already given? Everything that is the essence of me belonged to you long before this. And it shall be yours, long after this, and for always.

I give you not the "spring of my life" but the languid late summer and the autumn, brisk and vibrant. Our life together  inextricably entwines our 7 beautiful children, our large circle of friends
and our loving families. We will cherish the memories of our individual pasts and build our new life together.

Let me be the shoulder you lean on, the rock on which you rest. With you I will walk the path we have chosen and together we will dream. We may stumble and  we may falter, but we will always be there for each other.

Tonight Graham, I join my life to yours. The decision to commit to share my life with you is one I make joyfully, easily and with full confidence in our love; secure in the knowledge that you are my best friend, confidant, partner in life, and my one true love. Time may pass, fortune may smile, trials may come; but no matter what we may encounter, I know we do it together, stronger for loving each other.”